Monday, April 12, 2010

Confession

Let me state at the outset, I am categorically opposed to dog clothes.

Having made that point abundantly clear, let me show you what I bought for Panda today:
OK, but see, it was $6 off - originally $9.95, on sale for $3.95. What a deal, right? And, the heat might go off next winter, and my Boston Terrier might get cold. I want to be prepared. Doesn't this look nice and toasty?Besides, it was "As Seen on TV." How could I turn that down?Oh, God - I don't even HAVE this puppy yet, and I am already rationalizing buying her clothes. I've crossed over to the Dark Side.

Wait till you see the lilac and yellow bed I bought her. It was also on sale, $4.95, marked down from $14.95. I couldn't pass it up.

9 comments:

Susan Gets Native said...

Holy crap. You've gone to the dark side. I can't WAIT to hear what Julie has to say! You were all up in her grill about dressing Chet!
Hee hee hee hee....

Julie Zickefoose said...

Well. This is a development. One can only hope that dog tutus and tap shoes are not in the offing. But one can never be sure what will happen when someone with such lofty ideals falls that far, that fast. "As Seen on TV, and lurid pink to boot. My, my.

Be assured that Chet Baker, who is clothed only in a cloud of gas at the moment, and I, his Mether, will be watching.

Huffily,

Mether

NCmountainwoman said...

Oh no!!! Not you too!!!

Karen said...

And since you've crossed over to the dark side, don't forget that Conrad's and the Buckeye Corner carry loads of Buckeye-inspired dog gear.

Thank God I have cats who would sooner take off my face than allow me to dress them in doggeh gear. Howsomever, my car is appropriately OSU decorated and my ring tone is "Across the Field".

Your North Carolina Fellow OSU Grad.

Susan Gets Native said...

Hee hee hee hee hee!
I am enjoying this so much.

c.j.h. said...

Actually, depending where you live, that snuggie may come in handy.

Roscoe lives with us in the windy city. A coat...and possibly shoes and socks...are needed for a Boston Terrier living anywhere in the midwest

Murr Brewster said...

Holy cow! You're buying clothes for a dog that doesn't exist yet? Wait. I'm buying pants for a butt that doesn't exist yet. I guess that's okay.

Kathi said...

Murr: She exists, I just don't have her yet. Soon, soon ...

I bought her toys today.

Kathi said...

Karen: I already have OSU collars for my big dogs. (Dog, singular now. I keep forgetting.) And I also have "Across the Field" as my ringtone. Go Bucks!