Saturday, November 10, 2007

"There is no joy in Muddville ..."

... the Mighty Buckeyes have struck out.

OK, so I'm mixing my sports metaphors, but I'm really bummed. After a 10-0 season, leading in the Big Ten and Number One in the BCS standings for weeks, my beloved OSU Buckeyes were defeated at home today, 28-21, by unranked Illinois.

Heavy sigh.

The only bright spot on the day? That Team Up North also lost, 37-21 to Wisconsin. Go Badgers! You are my second favorite team this week. Thanks for whipping up on the Wolverines for me.

Now it comes down to the last game of the season, as it does so many years. Next week, winner takes all the marbles. November 17, in Ann Arbor, the Buckeyes shall be victorious.


GO BUCKS!
BEAT BLUE !

2 comments:

KGMom said...

You know this is a tough thing for me, a veritable dilemma. On the one hand, both Michigan and Ohio State both beat Penn State.
On the other--I was rooting for OSU to go all the way, and make Penn State look good having lost to the champs.
Now, the dilemma is--do I root for Wisconsin? They also beat Penn State.
Maybe I have to leave rooting for Big Ten teams.
Told you it was a dilemma.

Anonymous said...

Well, sometimes football unexpectedly turns into foot bawl.