Thursday, September 27, 2007

Strange Phenomenon

I spent the day today running errands and driving all over Clermont and Hamilton Counties.

Everywhere I went, I saw images like this:and this.
A strange, liquid matter emanated from the sky, sometimes in drips and drops, sometimes in sheets and waves. It became difficult to drive, because the roads were slippery, and because I couldn't see out of the windows.


I discovered a switch in my car that turned on something called "Wind-Shield Wi-Pers," which did a fine job of clearing off the front window so I could see better. Imagine - such a useful invention. Who knew my car came thus equipped?


After an extensive Web search, I think I have discovered the name of this strange and wonderous event. They call it

RAIN.

[Can I get an "Amen, Sistah" for the rain?]

5 comments:

Julie Zickefoose said...

Amen and hallelujah, Sista! The dust that I could feel between my teeth at the bus stop has finally been wet down. Got about 1/100th of what we need, but it beats nothing!

donaldthebirder said...

The birds I have noticed are starting to sing again. It has been so dead quiet recently.

Anonymous said...

I was told we got some of that here while I was in Maine last month. Of course, my son told me that and you know kids can be notoriously unreliable.

My mom talked to my aunt in Maine yesterday - Kathi, it is 90 up there. 90!!! At the end of Sept! While we had great weather, I don't think it go to 90 the whole time. Of course, my aunt and uncle had close up camp a few days ago to head south for the winter...she forgot something they needed for RVing and had to drive 100 miles north again to get it at the camp. I bet she just cried at having to turn right back around again and leave it. I think I would have gotten a hot dog and soda in town and sat on the bank of the lake all day. Taken a swim, taken a nap, something.

Still shaking my head over the temp there. Usually they get first snow mid-Oct.

Susan Gets Native said...

Amen. Times Infinity.
Isn't it glorious?
I watched and listened to a mockingbird go through his entire vocal repertoire on the neighbor's roof. You can tell the birds are glad.

Anonymous said...

Rain, rain, rain, rain...beautiful rain. Here in the south we are in a drought so bad they had to develop a name beyond "severe." We live near the continental divide and we're down more than 15 inches for the year. Wouldn't we love to have some of that rain, rain, rain, rain?