Monday, February 4, 2008

The NAVC - Clearing up the confusion

My last post about the swanky Gaylord Palms left people with the wrong impression. I didn't actually STAY at the Palms, I just attended meetings there, and snooped around on my breaks.


No, THIS is where I really stayed: The Courtyard by Marriott. A very nice place, clean and comfortable, and with a bitchin' whirlpool by the swimming pool, but without the style and atmosphere of the Gaylord Palms.

Clean room, comfortable bed, lots of hot water and a TV;
really all I need in a hotel room.
Well, that and Pierce Brosnan ...

This sidewalk was was my daily commute, past the Marketplace, with its Starbucks and its Krispy Kreme Donuts (I only indulged once), and the other little fast food places where you could get wings or pizza or ice cream, to and from the shuttle bus stop, where we caught the ride that moved us lesser beings from the everyday world to the stratosphere known as the Gaylord Palms.


Here's where the shuttles buses dropped us off, for our day at the convention.

Sorry to burst your bubbles.

3 comments:

Mary said...

I loved Julie's comment about the see-ment pond...

But, hey, you were THERE! Aint' nothin' wrong with Marriott. Hot water and a bitchin hot tub is good enough for me!

LOL!

Lisa at Greenbow said...

One day visions of being a Queen the next day merely a Princess. tee hee

Kathy said...

Your room looks great! I'll stay in any place that doesn't have bed bugs. I draw the line at those little critters!