Friday, July 11, 2008

Calling All Flock Members

[You know who you are.]

OK, I know I'm only an honorary member, since I didn't get to go to the Inaugural Meeting of the Flock at Cape May last fall, but Susan has graciously given me a guest pass. I hear the Flock is planning to migrate to Fayetteville, West Virginia for the New River Gorge Birding and Nature Festival in the spring of 2009.

I went in 2007, and here is just a taste of what you might see:

Bill Hilton, banding hummingbirds

gorgeous West Virginia scenery


Extraordinary trip leaders
from left to right:
Connie Toops, Mark Garland, "Tiny"
(Anybody recognize that chick on the right?)

Wildflowers
Squawroot

Solomon's Plume

Wild Geranium

Wild Stonecrop

Bill Thompson, III, working hard

and hardly working.

Jeff Gordon's legs

and Jim McCormac's hands
worm snake Jim found along the New River


Oh, yes, and birds! Including more warblers than you can shake a stick at.

Meet you at the bridge in 2009!

The New River Bridge

5 comments:

Lynne at Hasty Brook said...

I'm in for the whole week!!
Birds-
mountains-
friends-
laughs!

donaldthebirder said...

Wish I could afford to go! Looks like a nice break from the wheels.

Susan Gets Native said...

If I hadn't been sold on the idea anyway....


We get JEFF GORDON'S legs? woo hoo!
*Liz is gonna be SO pissed*

Mary said...

Jeff Gordon's legs are definitely something to photograph. Worth a few catcalls, I think :o)

I already knew I was hooked but now I'm drooling :o)

Mary

RuthieJ said...

Looks like a great time! Only 9 more months......