Thursday, April 2, 2009

Playing with my new Rebel

I went to CNC at lunch today, to play with my new camera. Signs of spring included plenty of yellow-

forsythias

daffodils

and American Goldfinches,
changing to gold right before my eyes.


Look! I'm officially a birding blog - I have photos of birds!

Northern Cardinal

Brown-headed Cowbird

White-throated Sparrow

Red-bellied Woodpecker

Here's what happens when you have been messing around with the white balance feature of your camera, and try shooting outdoors with your camera set on "Tungsten Light."

A Blue Robin.

I heard lots of singing, too,
especially Carolina Chickadees

and American Toads.
Ribbett!

Click on any photo to enlarge.
Really, you should try it. It's worth it now!

5 comments:

Lynne at Hasty Brook said...

My favorite biggify is the frog.
Are we having fun?

Beth in NYC said...

Don't these cameras make it easy to take good pictures? Can't wait to see more!

NCmountainwoman said...

I just love your new camera! What great photographs. You have really raised our expectations with these pictures.

Kathi said...

SO much fun! That last toad pic is now my desktop photo. Still, I can see there's a lot to learn. Stick with me, folks. I'll get there.

K

Kyle said...

Great shots, Kathi! I've got a Rebel XSi, and I absolutely love it! I hope you'll enjoy your new toy as much as I'm enjoying mine.