Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Backyard Birds, Nov. 19

A new yard bird today! A juvenile Yellow-bellied Sapsucker showed up on my apple tree, then tried out the suet block. By the time I gathered my scope and camera to document its arrival, it flew off. That made this morning a 3-woodpecker day, without even leaving my house. Sweet!

Today's yard list:

Mourning Dove 2
Red-bellied Woodpecker (M)
Downy Woodpecker (F)
Yellow-bellied Sapsucker (juv.)
Blue Jay 5
Carolina Chickadee
Tufted Titmouse 2
Eastern Bluebird (M)
Northern Mockingbird
European Starling (Damn! They found me!)
House Finch ~12
American Goldfinch ~10

I did manage to get pictures of my Yellow-rumped Warbler the other day. Enjoy!


1 comment:

nina at Nature Remains. said...

I must go out and fill suet feeders.
We've only had 1 sapsucker in all the time we've been here.
He must like your house better!